Our community partners are the local grassroots organizations we work with on sustainable development projects. We see our partnerships as mutually beneficial relationships. We believe the key to eradicating poverty is empowering community leaders who have sustainable, scalable solutions. Nourish partners with communities who lack the necessary funds and resources for development projects, but who have the entrepreneurial vision to eradicate poverty. We act as a catalyst to help accelerate change that will endure beyond our partnership.
Each chapter finds and selects their community partner organization independently, with support and oversight from the National Office.
- Are existing leaders in their community
- Represent the wants and needs of their entire community
- Demonstrate that they have identified an effective way of addressing poverty in their community and have an established record of successful programs
- Encourage the community to take ownership of the project rather than completing it for them
- Are focused not just on giving charity, but providing training, education, and resources over time
- Are efficient and productive with funds, maximizing the impact of each project
- Are willing to work with American college students and have an appropriate and productive role for the students in assisting with the project
- Have a strong ethical fiber and are committed to seeing their project all the way to completion
- Won’t become dependent on Nourish after the project concludes
Potential Partner Organizations: Partner with Nourish by signing up for our database! Email info_at_nourish.org for more information.
Know of an organization that would be a good partner for Nourish? Email info_at_nourish.org and we’ll enter their information into our database.